Personal Blog due April 16, 2019
Based on the About page you started last week, start adding styles, and add a Blog page, with at least your first post.
Your updated website should:
- include a single stylesheet which describes the design intent for your site
- have at least 2 pages, About and Blog (or Journal, or whatever)
- Start with content before anything else.
- When you’re happy with your content, mark it up with semantic HTML elements to give your content appropriate structure.
- Use Sketch to mock up the visual style of your page a bit, but keep in mind that you’ll need to build this out yourself. It will probably be best to move back and forth between the browser and your code to see what each tool is good at.
- Don’t get frustrated with the browser. It lays out content in a flexible way intentionally. Until you get more used to this, you may feel like you’re giving up control as a designer, but remember that part of that control you might want shifts to our users, which is a good thing.
- Prize readability and legibility over aesthetics for this project.
- If you’re having a hard time implementing something you’d like your site to look like, don’t fight too hard. Take a step back, and see if there’s something simpler for you to build which also captures something about your design intent.
- Have fun! You’re not stuck with this design forever, that’s the beauty of publishing on the web.
You’ll launch your website again on Netlify (same place as before). To turn in this assignment, please upload your files on Google Drive, and add the link to your published site on the spreadsheet for this assignment.