Human Interface Guidelines April 23, 2019
We’ll focus on Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines for iOS (phones and tablets) for now, with an emphasis on the navigation models in iOS.
- describe the purpose of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- identify hierarchical vs. flat navigational patterns in iOS apps
- identify when to use [Navigation Bars], [Tab Bars], and [Toolbars]
- identify features of an app which follow and violate guidelines.
Where to start
The HIG is… detailed. You’re not going to read through it all in one go. Here’s where I recommend starting:
- Iterative UI Design - WWDC 2016 by Apple